Sunday, March 30, 2008

Opening Eyes




I consider myself an open minded person. I feel lucky to say that I have always enjoyed the company of people from different cultures. But until this week there was a culture I hadn't been exposed to.
At my former job these two Mennonite girls would come in, and I would always be scared to talk to them. If it had been anyone else I wouldn't have hesitated to approach them and ask them questions. I didn't know a thing about Mennonites and I guess that is part of the reason I was scared to talk to them. I didn't want to be a babbling idiot, and feel completely ignorant for not knowing anything about their culture.
Thanks to Ester at the bakery, the wonderful Mennonite lady next to the church and Mr. Yoder, I now feel more educated and privileged to be have been able to spend time with such kind people.

1 comment:

kohl threlkeld said...

Beautiful pictures Bree! Now tell me what the hell LTTL means.