Friday, February 22, 2008

Rodeo


It was one of those events that I went to just for fun. There wasn't a teacher or an editor who I had to please. I didn't have my face pressed against the back of my camera the whole time. I just walked and enjoyed the environment as a whole. It was one of those times where I could let my other four senses have some fun. The unforgettable taste of soda and buttered popcorn. The smell of hay, leather and horses. She sound of shoed hoofs rhythmically beating against the dirt and asphalt. The bitter chill of February sneaking past my gloves, and breezing my cheeks. The smile you get when your eyes find something you may not have found if you were had been shooting inside the whole time. The patience, the steady hold of the camera... waiting... waiting... waiting for that moment when all the pieces are in the right place.

No comments: