Sunday, January 27, 2008

What You Make It




There is one phrase that I never like to hear, "boring assignment." I heard it just the other day when I ran into a photographer from a newspaper at the same assignment. I think that an experience is what you make of it. If you go into a situation assuming that it is boring, you just might produce boring work. If you go into the same situation curious, interested in the people and what is going on, you may have a better chance to shoot something different. I don't think you should go through life assuming that everything is boring, or great things may just pass you by.
Here is something that I shot for what my editor told me was a "boring assignment." I surprisingly had fun, I learned a whole lot and I think I got a decent pictures from. And I have to give credit - light was on my side.

No comments: