Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ink


I spent an hour or so searching the internet for visuals to base my next tattoo off of. Right now I am considering a birdcage made of dogwood branches. I decided that I wanted all of my tattoos to be based off of William Blake poems, and a birdcage or an old dandelion with the seeds blowing away are the last two ideas left to edit. My favorite William Blake poem is called "Eternity" and I figured having the word "Eternity" stamped on my body would only lead people to assumptions about me. Anyhoo, I was at my assignment this morning and there was a dogwood branch. I wonder if I should take is as a sign.
I am taking suggestions...

Eternity
He who binds himself a joy
Does the wing'd life destroy
He who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity's sunrise

No comments: